Using artistry and science, Dr. Alfe effectively mimics Mother Nature and provides you with teeth that are healthy, comfortable, functional, and durable. Dr. Alfe strives to preserve as much of your natural tooth as possible. When restoration is required, she plans aggressively so she can treat you conservatively. This lets Chicago dentist, Dr. Alfe, save more of your tooth structure. When you know ahead of time what dental work you need to do, you can better plan for yourself as to when YOU want to start treatment. This helps prevent emergency visits (which can be painful, not only physically and fiscally, but they always seem to happen at the most inopportune times)! Also, when you have more conservative treatment done, it will save you time and money.
- Bonding/Tooth Colored Fillings: When the cavity is already too large and/or there’s an existing old filling, Dr. Alfe can conservatively restore damaged and lost tooth structure with a bonded tooth-colored filling. The smaller the filling, the quicker your visit, the more tooth structure and money you save and the longer the filling lasts!
- All-Porcelain Crowns, Onlays and Inlays: If you have teeth with large, black amalgam (mercury) fillings that are cracking or breaking, or you already have old porcelain/metal crowns on some teeth, repair of those teeth with all porcelain restorations often improves not only the appearance of the teeth, but the strength as well. The cements and bonding materials that Dr. Alfe uses are the strongest available and help restore your tooth back to its original strength.
- One-Visit In-office Porcelain Crowns, Onlays and Inlays: We now have the ability to do one visit porcelain crowns, inlays and onlays with the E4D in-office porcelain milling system. We use the same porcelain as our high-end laboratories but can often manufacture your restoration in the same visit. This means no temporary, no messy impression and no multiple visits in many cases.
- All-Porcelain Bridges: For areas where esthetics are extremely important and the bite forces are minimal, an all-porcelain bridge can be the best choice to replace a missing tooth.
- Zirconium Based, or eMax Porcelain Crowns and Bridges: If a stronger framework is needed and Dr. Alfe decides that using metal as a framework is not an option for you, she may prescribe a zirconium/porcelain or eMax porcelain crown or bridge. They have the same strength as a porcelain/metal crown or bridge with better aesthetics in certain cases.
- Metal Based Crowns and Bridges: Sometimes this is still the best choice. All of Dr. Alfe’s lab work is done here in the United States by labs that follow the strictest FDA guidelines for safety. We provide certification of the type of metal that is used for your crowns. No lead is ever used in the metal fabrication of our crowns and bridges.
- Porcelain Dental Implant Crowns: Dr. Alfe can provide the final crown to restore your dental implant. If you need an original dental implant placed, our office would be happy to refer you to a specialist here in Chicago who works with Dr. Alfe especially for implant restorations.
- Gold Crowns, Onlays and Inlays: For those areas where porcelain is not the best option (this can sometimes be the case far back in the mouth), or for patients who want a gold restoration, Dr. Alfe can provide these as well.
- Implant Retained Dentures: Whether you already wear dentures, or are thinking that they may be your final choice, let Dr. Alfe evaluate you to see if implant retained dentures will allow you more freedom with smiling, talking, and chewing.
- Removable Partial Dentures: There are a number of materials available that make partial dentures more comfortable and aesthetic. Two of the flexible materials that Dr. Alfe utilizes are Valplast® and Flexite.
Read more about Tooth Replacement Chicago